PYZ: PhpStorm Plugin for Spryker
February 9, 2022 / Jochen Gartner
Those familiar with Spryker development know the drill. When you extend Spryker-Core functionality on the project level, you have to follow the same steps again and again:
- Create the correct directory structure,
- create a new file,
- extend the core file
- and finally import the core file (using an alias, because it shares the same name).
While this only takes a few seconds, it is error prone and tedious.
That's why a team of PHP developers at Turbine Kreuzberg developed PYZ, an IDE plugin compatible with PhpStorm and IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate. The plugin takes care of all of this, saving you precious time and nerves. PYZ allows Spryker developers to extend Spryker-core files with just a single click. Plus, the plugin enables navigation from ZED-stubs to gateway controllers and vice versa – something that is completely decoupled in Spryker and done via HTTP calls that are not traceable by any IDE.
The team created PYZ as a learning project during Breakout 2021 that they consciously set up to go towards benefiting the Spryker community by making it open source software. You are welcome to contribute! Feel free to create a pull request, or leave an issue if something does not work as intended.
PYZ was developed by Christian Müllenhagen, Daniar Asanov, Jochen Gartner, Lev Stejngardt and Özkan Yilmaz.
- To extend files on project level, use the context menu item "Extend in PYZ". It will appear for files located in one of the Spryker vendor directories only.
- Files can be extended in batches, just select multiple files at once.
- You can configure the PYZ directory and the base-namespace in Settings > Tools > PYZ Plugin.